Taylor & Associates Nashville, Tennessee
Looking for a Nashville 18 wheeler accident lawyer? Before we get into that, let’s learn more about 18 wheeler accidents in general. When we are talking about 18 wheeler accidents, we are also talking about tractor-trailer accidents and semi-truck accidents. As you know, 18 Wheelers are needed to move our nation’s goods around. As a result, we have huge trucks carrying large loads but the problem is that both semi trucks and passenger vehicles are forced to use the same highways and byways. Another fact to consider is that passenger vehicles are getting smaller and smaller. Hence the reason we are hearing of more and more 18-wheeler accident stories in Nashville and the rest of the country.
Let’s take a look at the 18-wheeler accident statistics.
• We witness more than 500,000 tractor-trailer accidents every year in the United States, according to the data released by the Department of Transportation.
• Taking the 18-wheeler accidents into account, we can see that contribute to 5,000 cases annually.
• Also, if we take the case of fatal automobile accidents, one out of every 8 such accidents is caused by 18-wheelers.
• In the accident cases involving 18-wheelers, the passenger vehicles are the worst affected. In most cases, the 18-wheeler reports little damage, whereas the passenger vehicle sees fatal crash including loss of lives and injury.
More Statistics From Legal Information Services
• Once in every 16 minutes, one person is injured or killed because of large truck accidents.
• Rural areas witness most of these accidents. More than 67% of the accidents are reported in the rural areas.
• As far as deaths due to big trucks are concerned, we have minimum one death each daylight hour.
• If a truck driver drives continuously for more than 11 hours, then it is considered illegal in the United States.
• If we inspect the truck inspection data, we can see that one out of four trucks is broken down.
• What is the contribution of truck drivers in this? Studies tell us that 16% of such accident cases are faults of the truck driver.
• Can you guess the weight of a fully loaded truck? Well, it can weigh as high as 80,000 pounds.
• You might assume that fatal truck accidents mostly happen during the night. But that’s not the truth at all. When it comes to truck accidents, more than 66% of such accidents during day time.
Truck Accident Statistics according to Nolo.com:
“Over the past two decades, the number of truck accidents has increased by 20%. According to the Federal Motor carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), in 2002, 4,897 individuals died and 130,000 people were injured in crashes that involved a large truck. And even though large trucks are only responsible for 3% of injury-causing motor vehicle accidents, trucking accidents typically cause much greater harm than ordinary traffic accidents due to the large size and heavy weight of most trucks.”
Seek out expert help from a solid law firm that will fight for your Nashville claim against 18 Wheeler Accidents and Semi truck companies. There are hundreds of personal injury lawyers in the Nashville area but we take special attention to fight for victims of 18 Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents. Hire a law firm like Taylor & Associate Law Group of Tennessee who is experienced in handling big cases such as these.
Before you start working with another law firm, contact Taylor & Associates today at 615-813-0201 for a FREE consultation. We will provide the legal help you seek and be your trusted Nashville 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers.